Re: [OM] So what's a shift lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] So what's a shift lens?
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 00:01:11 +0200
Yo,

on Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:34:42 +0000, John A. Lind wrote:

>lens board.  Since nearly all medium and small format cameras have the lens
>firmly fixed to the body (even if interchangeable), eventually the "shift
>lens" was created to allow shifting.  Canon now has one that can tilt as
>well, bringing back most of the perspective and depth of field control that
>was domain of large format view cameras.

On a side note:
Brenner Fotoversand (http://www.brenner-fotoversand.de), a German mail order
photo dealer, have been offering a Russian-made 2.8/35mm shift lens at a
price of DM 798.- (approx. US $ 390.- at the current rate) for quite a few
years. The lens has been tested very favorably in Foto-Magazin 5/94. Since
their last catalogue (April/May/June) they are also offering this lens in a
shift & tilt version at DM 949.- (US $ 462.-), and in the current one
(July/Aug./Sept.), for the first time, they also have both versions in OM
mount :-). Also new is a 2.8/80mm shift & tilt at the same price, also
available in OM mount. If I had that kind of money to spend right now I
might be tempted....

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--