Re: [OM] copyright issues

Subject: Re: [OM] copyright issues
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:28:42 EDT
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 I think that if the photos were used for any other commercial purpose
 that a release would be required. I think also that since the photos
 are not for sale to the general public a release is not required.

Dick,
     Couldn't you argue that the photographs are for sale to the general
public since the photographer makes half his
money selling additional copies to the friends and relatives of the couple?
That is why Ken Norton and other proffesional
wedding photographers retain the negatives for some period before **selling**
them to the couple. Would, say Ken ,
refuse to sell prints to anybody who approached him or would he always check
with the couple?
Ken/any wedding pros out there care to comment on etiquet?
Maybe pro's contract in or out of retaining negative rights at the start as
part of their pricing qoute?

Tim Hughes