[OM] Favorite targets update

Subject: [OM] Favorite targets update
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 20:14:35 PDT
Decided to take a different route home today after dropping off my ma and received a pleasant surprise. I discovered that an old school building utilizing petrified wood had been remodeled. This is difficult to describe, but the combination of quirky early 1900s rock/petrified wood masonry and contemporary near-black tinted windows works very well together. Kinda reminds me of the effect of the chopped roadsters of years past.

Also found a few more examples of petwood incorporated into into gates, etc., but was running outta film. Darn. Guess I'll have to go back.

So far my initial impression that a 50/3.5 macro could handle the entire project are nearly correct. A shift lens would be ideal for two or three of the very best examples of this type of architecture, but I'll probably try to rent rather than buy one.

Lex