Re: [OM] Re: Other interests, favorite subjects, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Other interests, favorite subjects, etc.
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:25:59 PDT
Since I opened the forum to favorite targets, your comments seem pretty much OT to me. It's just as important to consider what we use our gear for as it is to chatter about it.

With your love for an expertise in photographing cars, you might consider dusting off those bikes and photographing them from some unique perspective. The components and details, like frame joints, have incredible artistic merit, and the whole of a bicycle may be the most elegant combination of pure geometric forms among all manmade objects.

Might help you in selling 'em too! I can understand that concern about riding in traffic. While I cycle-commuted average 20-mile round trips in Southern California and even the Wash. D.C.-Bethesda area with little problem, I wouldn't do so in the Fort Worth-Dallas area.

Have you done any sailing related photos? That seems like a natural for you. Besides the kinetic aspect, again there's that wonderful geometry begging to be photographed.

Lex
===

From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cycling, yeah...I done some of that...

Cars, well...I guess that passion is kinda obvious...

Sailing, this is an activity that has been a very important part of my
life for many years.