Re: [OM] Greetings! -Reply -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Greetings! -Reply -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:25:31 -0400
Interesting, it recently  rained here after a long drought and the resulting
higher river flow seems to have chased our birds away. I've noticed shore birds
like islands and sand bars where they are hard to approach unseen. I had  had
one Great Blue habituated enough to me to let me within 5 meters without cover.
The higher water has since swallowed up some of her favored haunts. It's raining
again now so maybe I will try looking  again after it stops. Pools full of
unafraid birds would be nice!

>>> "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 06/26/00 03:35pm >>>
Right after an unusually large rain or high water level was when I had the
most success in Laramie, WY.  The shore birds were everywhere in the pools
that remained and not at all afraid.

Gregg

From: Scott Nelson

> TOPE- Themed Olympus Photo Exhibition, periodically displays photos shot
with
> Oly kit on a particular theme. There is usually a limited shooting period
but
> for TOPE1, Self-Portraits, the entry period is open so that we may all see
each
> other's mugs:
>
> http://www.web-wizards.com/olympus/tope/
>
> I don't consider myself a "brder" but I do enjoy watching and shooting the
> birdlife we have along the Platte river greenway. I haul my tripod and a
long
> lens on my bike and stop to shoot. So far, I've got Great Blues, Avocets,
> Crested Cormorants, Snowy Egrets, and Black-Crowned Night Herons. All
within a
> few miles of downtown Denver.
>
> Enjoy your fall visit to Death Valley. Post more pictures!
>

> <<Scott, thanks for liking the marbled godwits photo -- I loved that shot,
but
> it seems like few others have liked it as much as I did.  Thought it was
maybe
> because I just like birds a whole lot, and you had to be a bird-lover! I
love
> the colors and textures of those godwits.  But what in heck is "TOPE1"?
You