Re: [OM] Cossina cranks out a retro-range finder camera, why Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Cossina cranks out a retro-range finder camera, why Olympus
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:10:04 -0500

>Interesting.  The sales clerks at the two shops I patronize will either
>"Ooohh" at my -1N or, if I come in cameraless or with another OM, with
>almost always reverently ask "How's our OM-1 doing?". Somebody (clerk or
>customer) in the shop will invariably ask if it's for sale.

I guess we're just a bunch of rich stuckups around here, since everyone
seems to be into the latest digi-this and auto-that. Either that, or I
haven't been to enough photo shops around here, which are really few and far
between. We have a couple of chains, one local and a couple national, and
extremely few independents. I know of only two independent stores within
reasonable driving distance. I can't even get Kodak color infrared film
(EIR) processed without resorting to a custom lab. I also had to buy the
mailers for Kodachrome, since no one apparently does it locally anymore.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright