[OM] Re: Window pod found

Subject: [OM] Re: Window pod found
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:59:43 -0400
I've been following the window pod thread, not because I think it
particularly good sense to sereptiously sneak pictures of people, but
because such a mount might make a lot of sense to those of us who might
want to remain in our vehicles whilst taking wildlife pics in bad weather.
Anyhoo.....

http://www.eagleoptics.com

has a couple of interesting looking options in the window mount section.
The best way to find them on that site is to use the search button and
enter "window mount" (without quotations).

They have a Bogen standard car mount mated to a better head than the usual
mini-ball, that takes Bogen detachable plates for convience. It's something
like $63US

Also of interest is a Hakuba window mount that I've not seen advertised
elsewhere. It's $35US and looks like the section that attaches to the
window might be even sturdier than the kind of flimsy looking Bogen. I
don't know if it's plastic or what, but I might have to give it a try.

For those interested in a little summer astronomy, Eagle Optics has some
other great deals that are worth checking out. NO I don't work for them!
Last year I got a set of Fuji 16x70 binocs from them and I note that
they're currently $100 off. I HIGHLY recommend these binoculars for those
serious about star-gazing. After being very disappointed with previous
astro binocs from Orion and Nikon, the Fujis stand out as THE choice. ;-)

If Fuji and Olympus would just team up to offer 35mm and med.format cameras...

Dream on,
Mike Swaim