[OM] Large OM Collection FS in Oz

Subject: [OM] Large OM Collection FS in Oz
From: Ross Waite <rmwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:19:33 +1000
G'day all

I have just picked up the latest edition of the "Photographic Trader"
magazine.  For any Aussie List members with some spare cash, the biggest
selection of used OM gear I have ever seen advertised has been listed by
James Place Cameras in Adelaide.  There are about 60 individual items
listed including a 3 & 3Ti, 4 & 4Ti, 35-80/2.8, 90/2, 50/2, 40/2 (Which was
advertised at AUD$295, was already sold when I inquired, and according to
the sales clerk was clearly undervalued by them according to the number of
enquiries he had received for it), macro gear including all of the bellows
lenses, T28, T10, T8, T20, T32, T45 & F280, heaps of other lenses including
many of the f2 versions - 24, 28, 35 &100, TTL accessories etc.

Prices seem on the high side compared with the "going rate" for second hand
gear in Oz, but it is all mostly listed as Exc+.  (The 3Ti may be good
value at $1495 which is I think under half new price, similarly the 35-80
is also listed at $1495, James Place quote $3500 as the new price, but I
was quoted $4000 from Photo Continental in Brisbane some months ago, and
they are usually very competitive.)

James Place Cameras' Phone number is 08 8231 2464 if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Ross Waite