RE: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: RE: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:32:09 -0500
I'll give one good reason for not liking the OM-G, a sample of which I have:

The mirror slap is bone tingling! Seriously, of all the OM cameras I've used
the vibration transmitted to the hand on taking a picture is much higher
than the single digit OMs, or the OM-PC. I  don't remember what the OM-10
felt like - it must be the same. I can't help but think that this vibration
can degrade the quality of even hand-held photographs.

Other than that one problem, I like the OM-G, and think it delivers great
value for the money. Could be this is a problem of my sample only, but the
mirror pads look OK and not deteriorated, so I don't know.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx