Re: [OM] OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:28:03 -0700
My only use for a film scanner right now would be to upload good quality .jpgs of my slides to my web site, or to others. So print size and resolution isn't really an issue for me.

In that case, you might consider a flatbed with a transparency adaptor. Some of them are pretty cheap, and have the added versatility of scanning large reflective art, as well as negs and trannies.

I'm not making this any easier, am I? :-)

I think you should go out and buy the ES-10. Simple. It will do what you need it to do.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For one thing, it's half the resolution of most other film scanners.
You aren't gonna make good 8x10 prints with it, let alone any bigger.

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>