Re: [OM] Experiences with 7dayshop / mx2

Subject: Re: [OM] Experiences with 7dayshop / mx2
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:27:04 +0100
Thomas Clausen wrote:

>...I am, however, curious if other list members do their shopping for
"camera
>food" at 7dayshop.com, and - if so - if they experience that the shop send
>something they think of as "equivalent to" the ordered rather than what
>exactly was ordered?

Yes, I buy from them regularly and only once did they mis-supply when they
sent a bottle of ink cartridge cleaner instead of an ink-jector and they
ignored my email about it. Usually though they telephone me if they don't
have in stock the films I've ordered and offer to either substitute another
brand or back order the ones I want.

>On a similar note, are there any other on-line places (cheaper,
>better?) for buying quantities of camera food, that I should know
>of? 7dayshop is somewhat cheaper than buying locally in the shops around
>here, but maybe there are even cheaper alternatives around?

They're much cheaper than anywhere in the UK, partly, but not only because
of the VAT loophole. Next cheapest is www.unbeatable.com and the prices of B
& H, New York's "grey" film is worth looking at but you've got to allow for
VAT being added if it arrives in single packages of greater than £17 each in
value- that's why MX2 breaks orders up into smaller quantities and I don't
know whether B & H.would do that.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)