Re: [OM] CLASS ACTS AND LIST MEMBERS

Subject: Re: [OM] CLASS ACTS AND LIST MEMBERS
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:58:27 PDT
Now that you have a great rangefinder, wanna try something really cool? Use it for July 4th fireworks. But instead of just catching the pops at full bloom (much easier with an RF than an SLR already), try a few panning up with the rockets. Try some multiple exposures too (I'm assuming the SP has a "bulb" setting). You can cover the lens with your hand between rockets to prevent overexposure. I've done this the last couple of years with a Canonet RF (sold my Olympus 35RC, darn it) and got some fun results that look like anything but the usual fireworks photos.

Lex

----Original Message Follows----
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx

I am really impressed! A few days ago I acquired an SP Rangefinder camera for a "car camera". It came with the rather limited instructions produced with Japanese cameras from the late 60s and 70s. Add to that my own ignorance and I had a problem. How do I get optimum results from the "Flashmatic" system in this camera vis a vis a T-20.

To make a long story short, two list members responded suggesting not only that I let the camera do it's thing with the T-20 on Manual, but even a detailed discussion of the the alternative.

I ran a quick roll of Gold 200 through the camera. Used "Flashmatic"; the snaps of grand daughter and all on Father's Day are gorgeous. The 7 element lens is justly praised and I have a neat "car camera". Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dave Dougherty