Re: [OM] Two new digital releases from Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Two new digital releases from Olympus
From: Andy Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:01:21 -0700
Cc: bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 20:52:23 +0200, "Per Nordenberg"
<per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The other, the C-2100 Ultra Zoom,  is a completely new SLR model and seems to
> be the ultimate digital.

Apparently it seems to be more of a slr-ized c2000/c2020 thing.

> What do you say about a 10X optical zoom in a digital
> (eqvivalent to 35~400 mm in a 35 mm camera?)?

Would be very cool.

I haven't seen what kind of CCD it uses yet.  With that kind of zoom, it's
probably a teeny one and likely not as good as the c2500's ccd.

Also please note that it has NO FLASH SHOE so it clearly isn't intended for the
-40 flash unit [auto zoom, swivel, tilt, TTL metering[!!!]].

And it's ugly.

So there.
        /signed/

        Still happy with my c2500