Re: [OM] OM-1+ flash howto?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1+ flash howto?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:06:53 +0200
: I have just borrowed a OM-1 from a friend and added a flash. But i
: can't find a usermanual online nor does my friend know what's is
: needed to do to make the camera aware of the flash. Do i need to do
: anything after i added the flash before using it together with the
: camera? (Any switch to flip or similar??)

All you need to do is make sure the shutter speed is in the 1 sec ~ 1/60 sec
range and the x/fp switch at the front (round the pc flash connector) is set
at x.

The camera never knows there's any flash. Its successor, the OM-1n has
semi-dedicated provisons (flash ready/flash ok signal) with Olympus T
flashes.

hnz