Re: [OM] Altering a 2 Series Screen for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Altering a 2 Series Screen for OM-1
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:05:58 -0600
At 03:33 PM 6/10/2000 -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>Oly Shooters,
>
>I want to alter a 2-series screen for use in my OM-1MD. This means somehow
>removing the right side of the tab.
>
>Anyone done this who can suggest a clean, sure method?

Joel:

Rubber or other gloves (nitrile are good) to grip the screen with, and a
jeweler's file.  Slow, but quite controllable.  You could also secure the
screen into a pin vise with dental dam for a backing, to minimize the danger of
scratching/slippage/etc.  I'd still grab the edges of the screen if at all
possible, and avoid holding it by its faces -- the plastic's pretty ductile,
and even pressure through the gloves could warp the fine Fresnel pattern.

Garth

P.S.: Don't forget to drink a good Gewurztraminer afterwards to calm your
jangled nerves.  8^>