Re: [OM] OM differences

Subject: Re: [OM] OM differences
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:32:58 +0000
At 20:37 6/7/00 , Andy Patterso wrote:
>Hey, does anybody out there know the differences b/w and OM-10 w/ a
>manual adapter, and an OM-G and an OM-2N? Thanks,
>
>Andy

Bookmark these sites as they contain a wealth of information:

Lee Hawkins' personal web site:
  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/
For the Olympus FAQ (by Lee, Michael Covington et al.), go to his photo
area and then the OM SLR FAQ.  It has what you are looking for about the
OM-10, OM-G and OM-2n.  URL for the FAQ (without the frames and menu):
  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html
I encourage you to enter the photography area through his main page as
there are several FAQ's and other information about Olympus cameras.

Hans van Veluwen's Olympus OM System Sales Information File Site:
  http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif.htm
It has information about the entire OM system, past and present.  What you
are looking for about the several bodies is in the "Body Group" which has
"Color glossy photos with circles and arrows and a description of each one
on the back." (who remembers that one?)  URL for the Body Group:
  http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/bodygroup.htm

The OM-10 and OM-G (a.k.a. OM-20) were lower priced bodies targeted at the
"consumer" market with the OM-G having some convenient improvements over
the OM-10 (with adapter), but was essentially the same concept.  The OM-2n
was targeted at the high end "serious amateur" and "professional" market.
Most notable, OM-2n has heavier body metal and less plastic.  It does not
have a built-in hot shoe (requires a "Shoe 4"), but with the accessory shoe
it can operate the "T" series flashes (T-20, T-32, T-45, etc.) TTL/OTF in
TTL Auto mode which the OM-10 and OM-20 cannot (Manual or Normal Auto modes
only).  There are other, lesser differences which you can read about on the
above sites.  Hope this helps you out.

-- John