[OM] Re: Camera Shopping

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Shopping
From: Sean Chan <Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:42:00 +0800
Cc: tomokoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx, idehara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrgreen@xxxxxxx, olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Olaf/Jaap,

Well done!! That's cheaper than what I paid for mine (Yen 94,000).
I go to Map Camera Shinjuku quite often actually - they have a
reasonbly high turnover of Zuiko lenses (although their OM bodies
tend to "hang around").

Sean

Olaf Greve wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Well Jaap has returned from Japan, and...
>
> ...HE FOUND THE 35-80/2.8 LENS!!! :))))
>
> Thank you guys for your help, and extra special kudos to William Green, as
> he sent me the following information:
>
> >Hello again - I came home and checked this month's (June) Asahi Camera for
> >Zuiko 35-80 f2.8 zooms. I found two. The first is at
> >Fujiya Camera
> >Nakano-ku
> >Nakano 5-61-1
> >Tel: 03-3388-1586
> >The lens is graded "B" (average) and is priced at 80,000 yen.
>
> >The second lens is at
> >Map Camera No. 1 Building
> >Shinjuku-ku
> >Nishi Shinjuku 1-12-5
> >Tel: 03-3342-3381
> >Fax: 03-3342-3350
> >The lens is graded "as new" and is priced at 83,000 yen.
>
> Jaap checked both of them out, as these were the only two he came across
> over there! The first one was in a rather bad shape with lots of play in the
> zoom mechanism, but the second one was indeed in mint condition, so he
> bought that one (of course)!!!
>
> So an extra special "thank you" to William Green for the golden tip, and
> also lots of thanks to all of you for taking the time to help me and Jaap
> finding the lens!
>
> Currently the lens is underway (Jaap has it shipped in, along with a load of
> accessories) so it should arrive within a few days or so...
>
> Cheers!
> Olafo
>
> PS: Tomoko - any chance of seeing you return to the Oly list?

Sean
--
Sean Chan         Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx       http://www.msdw.co.jp
EI/UNIX IT Dept.  +81 3 5424-4318 (W)        +81 3 5424-4399 (F)