Re: [OM] RFC: Should I bail ?

Subject: Re: [OM] RFC: Should I bail ?
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:03:43 -0400
Hi Gareth

The D1 is great but pricey. The Nikon 990 has as many pixels - 3+
Megapixels and is very sharp.

But save your Oly stuff until the digitals reach 24 megapixels if you
like enlargements or want a big range of focal lengths. So sell your
lenses between 28 and 100mm. But keep that excellent 50/1.8

Oh yeah, Nikon bodies & lenses are pricier & heavier, especially the
autofocus ones. But a D1 and a fast zoom and a TTL flash should be
under U$10,000.

Tom

At 2000 June 6 - Tuesday 2:32, Gareth Knight <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
spoke about *[OM] RFC: Should I bail ?...* saying
> Separately, has anyone used the D1 - is it good enough for general use yet ?
>
> Finally, if I were to bail I would offer the collection to the list first
> and I would appreciate comments on whether it is better to sell as one lot
> or as separates (certainly not as an auction, boy do I remember that debate
> :))
Tom Trottier,  ICQ: 57647974  TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx
<<<<Abacurial Information Technology Consulting>>>>
400 Slater St. Suite 415, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o  +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412 (877)247-8796
 _ \<     Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
(+)/'(+)   http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sect.
227, any and all nonsolicited commercial messages are subject
to a handling fee in the amount of US$1000 for each occurrence.