Re: [OM] National Geographic June 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] National Geographic June 2000
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 07:59:07 -0500
>I saw a reference to an SLR in this issue earlier, and my copy fell through
>the letterbox today. The lens seen in a photo on p76 bears some likeness to
>OM one-touch telephoto zooms (very much like the 65-200), but it has some
>lettering on the end of the zoom/focus ring. I don't know how anyone could
>even begin to guess the provenance of the SLR body.

Small camera body size (her hand contains the camera which means it is
either a Pentax or Olympus or she is the daughter of Andre the Giant).

Also, the lens looks familiar with the choice of focus ring rubber.  Even
the prism of the SLR looks like either a Pentax or OM-1/2.

>I had a good look at the map of the British Isles, which accompanied the
>magazine. I smiled to myself, noting that Snowdon, in North Wales (see boyo,
>Wales *is* an entity) is labelled "highest point in Wales". It is also
>higher than anywhere in England, so is in fact the highest point in England
>and Wales. If the weather is fair I will be off up the peaks in that area in
>the coming week, with the OMs and my latest acquisition, a Stylus Epic.

I visited Snowdon a couple years ago at the same time John Gardner was
there.  We must have passed each other a couple times but never saw each
other.  I've got a file full of wonderful shots from that area.  One of the
more photogenic areas I've been.  Snowdon is more rugged than anything else
in the area, but I find it interesting how history and scenery are so
intertwined in the British Isles.

Ken Norton