Re: [OM] OM 2 Flash Circuit

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2 Flash Circuit
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 23:27:47 EDT
Cc: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I recently acquired a nice clean OM 2 with Shoe 2.  I put a T-20 on it and
it
 will not fire the flash.  Is the circuit dead or is the shoe wrong or both?
 I believe I need shoe #3 for the OM 2.  Would the #2 keep the T-20 from
 firing?  Help!  Thanks.

I seem to remember one of the improvements of the 2N over the 2 was to change
the connector screw fitting to help prevent shorts from metal slivers falling
down inside the connector.  You might try removing the shoe and carefully
clean out the connector base with a pin and vigouraous shaking upside down.

    Tim Hughes