Re: [OM] Zuiko 75-150/4 and its Aftermarket Competitors

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 75-150/4 and its Aftermarket Competitors
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 13:51:04 EDT
Boy do I feel dumb. I should have read the rest of the mail before sticking
MY BIG NOSE into this subject. Like the blind men describing the elephant, I
only knew what I had in my hands, (my two Vivitars and a matching Kiron for
Pentax). Gary's info was from a different source and quite as correct as mine
- back to the pits for me.

Regards,  Paul (the blind man) Connet

<<Gary response to Les Clark's post:

<< Ok, based on the serial number, Les Clark's 1-touch version was made by
 Kino Precision (Kiron), same as the 2-touch version.  I believe the
 1-touch version I was talking about in the above excerpt and am familiar
 with, was made by Tokina.  Apparently, Kino made for Vivitar some 1-touch
 70-150mm zooms as well, which must be identical to its own 70-150mm
 Kiron, save for the glossy finish.  (This is similar to Kiron/Vivitar
 28/f2 and 24/f2 twins of the early to mid-80's).

 Btw, the info. I provided in my earlier post on this subject comes from
 John C. Wolf's book "The Vivitar Guide".  He does not mention Les Clark's
 1-touch 70-150mm.  Apparently, even Vivitar experts and historians are
 confounded by this company's convoluted product development.  Many thanks
 to Les for the correction.

 Cheers,

 /Gary Schloss. >>