Re: [OM] The cunning predator eyed me coldly.

Subject: Re: [OM] The cunning predator eyed me coldly.
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 02:26:55 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/00 5:56:22 AM, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>only after few-to-many pictures were taken that the awful truth dawned . . .
there >was no film loaded...

I KNOW what you mean!  That happened to me not too long after I got my
original OM-2 (around 1978 or so.)  I was up in Buschart Gardens (sp?) in
B.C., taking a 36-exposure roll of Kodachrome 64.  And might I say, I *knew*
I was getting stellar shots!  Taking lots of time to frame, etc.  All was
going swimmingly.  Right up until picture 42 or so.  Ulp!  Unbelievable
sinking feeling, esp. as we were losing the light.  I couldn't believe I
could be that stupid, but sure enough.  At least the good news is that when I
popped the back, I still had a full roll of completely good, completely
unexposed film  ;-) .

I assure you, I set a speed record backtracking to recover as many photos as
I could remember having taken!  Happily, although I know I lost some good
photos, the Gardens were beautiful enough that I ended up with a couple this a
re hanging on my wall even now (Cibachrome, that is.)

And Gary, the shots you ordinarily show us are such a pleasure to look at,
it's hard to do anything but sympathize with this one.  I think my heart
would have been beating so fast, being that close to the cat, that the photo
likely wouldn't be recognizable at all!

Regards,

Tom Moynihan
Dallas, TX