Re: [OM] Photo software (was photo quality printers)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo software (was photo quality printers)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:55:05 -0500
At 04:10 PM 6/1/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>I find it particularly easy for correcting converging verticals
>caused by tilting a 28mm lens upwards - to get to the Distort function you
>have only to press [Ctrl]-A, [Ctrl]-F and D keys. I still haven't figured
>out how to do that in PhotoShop 5; would anyone like to enlighten me?
>
>Regards,
>Keith Berry
>(Birmingham, England)
>k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>www.keithberry.telinco.co.uk

Keith,
Select the entire viewable portion of the file on screen (I use the
Rectangular Marquee Tool for this, as though cropping the image, but in
this case just select the entire image -- unless you have another way of
selecting the whole image, and there must be dozens).  The Edit > Transform
> Perspective.

It helps to enlarge the window in which the image is viewed.  When you go
into Transform > Perspective there are diamonds at the corners.  Drag these
in or out to achieve the perspective correction you desire.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA