Re: [OM] OM Leather Fetish, and other Oddities

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Leather Fetish, and other Oddities
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:38:51 -0500
Gary Schloss wrote:

> Dear Zuiks/Zuikettes:
>
> The first one is a hot looking late production OM-1N number in a rich,
> luxurious burgundy red.  IMHO, this treatment is not too bad, and it
> http://www.softcom.net/users/schloss/misc/om1nburg_lfrt.jpg

Looks almost black on my monitor too.  But it did look smoother than the
normal leatherette.  Classy.  Something you might expect to see sitting
next to an O product.  Nicely photographed too.

> The second sample, IMHO, is not as attractive.  It's an OM-2N number
> clad in alligator patterned leather, in a greenish hue which I refer
> to as "toxic green" or "swamp green".  This camera is no longer in my
> http://www.softcom.net/users/schloss/misc/om2ngreen_frt.jpg

Now that's *U*G*L*Y*!

> This topic has to do with the early "silver mose" Zuikos.  Take a
> look at the lens flange of any of your Zuikos.  It is attached to the
> lens by means of three Philips screws, right?  Well, recently I picked
> up an early silver nose Zuiko 100/2.8, serial no. 1040xx.  Surprise,
> surprise: it has _slotted_ screws.  (Exciting, huh?  I told you so.)

Silver mose?
What is the possibility that it was repaired by a not-so competent technician
who lost the original screws and substituted others?

Steve Goss, Dallas, TX usa