Re: [OT] [OM] Shimmer My Way To Old Kentucky

Subject: Re: [OT] [OM] Shimmer My Way To Old Kentucky
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:46:52 -0600
At 09:08 AM 5/25/00 -0500, "Vivey" wrote:
>Careful Tom T there are quite a few of us Texans on this list.  Hehehe.  We
>kind of stick together.

Well, shoot, as a Canadian and a resident of an oil-rich province (estimated
multi-hundred year supply for world demand in the Athabasca Oilsands alone,
folks!) I *can't* pass this one up.  ;-)

A Texan and an Albertan were having coffee in a small cafe in Calgary one day,
where they were trading brags and barbs.  The Texan, finally tiring of the
Albertan's audacity at questioning that anything in Texas could possibly be
better than anything in Alberta, poked a finger in the Albertan's chest and
said "Listen, son, Texas is *far* richer than Alberta.  Hell, we've got so much
gold in Texas, we could build a solid wall of gold around Alberta."

To which the Albertan replied, "You build it, we'll buy it."  ;-)

Garth "Petroleum Products are Your Friends" Wood

"Q: What's long and hard on a Canadian?
  A: Winter."