Re: [OM] Out of Lurking

Subject: Re: [OM] Out of Lurking
From: "James Kiker" <jwkiker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 20:58:00 -0500
I was wondering why I could never find anything around here.  Tom, you did
miss one though, and I've been dying to tell someone that would appreciate
it.  I went into a pawn shop and there was a box of Cokin filters in the
case.  I asked to look at them, and while I was looking, something caught
the corner of my eye.  It was a lens case, and upon closer inspection, that
of a Zuiko 100mm f/2.8.  I asked to look at it, and the lens was inside, and
multicoated and near mint, no price marked on it.  When I asked him how much
he wanted for the filters and the lens, he said that they'd been there for a
little while, and "How does $15 tax included sound?"  I could barely contain
the shaking and the grin as I paid him.  This pawn shop has been good to me.
I also got a good Yashica 124G for $75 and a great OM-2n with 50mm f/1.4 and
T20 for $89, but it's been pretty dry lately.  I keep looking, though!
Thanks to all for the welcome!

James