[OM] Hot Shoe question

Subject: [OM] Hot Shoe question
From: Jeffrey E Bellin <jeffbellin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:26:59 EDT
First, thanks to everyone for always answering my sometimes "simple"
questions.

My latest on is about the hot shoe on my 2s. I just noticed that it is
just a little loose. I know that the only way to tightenit is to remove
the top cover. Is this a do it yourself  job or do I really already know
the answer and just don't want to admit it. In others experience does it
get worse or should I just leave it alone. I usually use the BG 2 but I
still want to feel safe if I do use the hot shoe. Also if I do have to
have it tightened it seems like to small a repair to send it away. What
is reasonable for a repair like this and is it something that my local
camera store repairman should be able to handle without a problem.

Thanks again to everyone,

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA