RE: [OM] What an OM-1

Subject: RE: [OM] What an OM-1
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:38:12 +0200
C.H.Ling wrote:

:Yes, Olaf has post the story of this camera, but if it is not
:officially announced and issued by Olympus Japan, I don't think it
:worth the high price. Could it even be original chrome OM-1 reworked
:by Olympus Netherlands?

They have probably been dismantled, gilded (applied with a thin layer of
gold) and refurnished with leather in the Netherlands. And yes, I think
Jaap's original price of (I believe) Hfl. 2400 was more realistic than what
Henny is asking for it (unless the camera is solid gold after all ;), but on
e-bay he'll probably get it, or even more...

hnz