[OM] Re: How many exposures?

Subject: [OM] Re: How many exposures?
From: JEZ.CUNNINGHAM@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:21:49 +0200
Mike wrote:

     34,35,36,37...40? I see folks debating the merits of how far
     to try to stretch their film.  I recently learned a neat trick
     that is probably old news to many, but I thought I'd pass it along.

My own favorite trick is to 'waste' one or more of the leading or trailing
frames (00, 0, 37, 38) by taking a picture of a piece of 180ray card with
my name, address and phone number printed on it in large letters.

With the gray I can (hopefully) confirm that the processing was correct (of
course the OM4 exposure is never in any doubt!) and of course the name and
address helps in case of the film getting separated from the envelope in
the shop.

I even thought of adding the date to the card somehow to help with
indexing, but as my filing system resembles an ever growing heap of
cardboard boxes...

Just my $0.02

Jez