[OM] Florida advice

Subject: [OM] Florida advice
From: rghosal@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:17:20 +0000
Hi,
          I am looking for suggestions on photography in
Florida's Sarasota area
(specifically, Anna Maria Island).  I plan to be there
over Memorial Day.  Any and all information would be
appreciated, such as-
- What are the interesting photographable sights in the
area for nature or scenic shots
- What would be a good film choice: current plan- Fuji
Sensia II 100, Kodak E100VS, and Kodachrome 64 for
slides, and Fuji Superia 100 for prints.  Any comments on
E100VS compared to Velvia?
- How do you deal with the washed-out tone in some shots
of the ocean (faced this problem on earlier trips)?  Will
a polarizer help?
- Can anyone on the list recommend using Graduated ND
filters for sunsets/ocean shots?  I have not used these
before.  What is a good brand ND filter to purchase?
- I plan to visit the Selby botanical gardens, which has
a large orchid collection.  Any advice on lenses/film for
photographing these?  I currently have the following
lenses (no macros as yet)- 28 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, 135 f/2.8,
200 f/4, 2X teleconverter, 35-70 Cosina-made Zuiko zoom .

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.  Please mail me
off-list, or post to the list.

Regards,
Ranjan