[OM] New G.Zuiko 50mm?

Subject: [OM] New G.Zuiko 50mm?
From: William Green <wrgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 16:12:22 +0900
Hello everyone - I'm a new owner of old Olympus gear (OM-1n - thanks
Rand E.!), and I've been lurking for a while and learning a lot. A
combination of living in the freezing north of Japan and having too bad
a back to carry all my AF stuff led me to look for a lightweight and
mechanical camera. The OM-1 fits the bill wonderfully, but of course I'm
already lusting after an OM-3. Which brings me to yesterday when I was
in my local (Sapporo) branch of Yodobashi Camera. I go in from time to
time to drool over the 3Ti they've got on display. Last month they'd
sold out, so I didn't get my fix, but yesterday the new stock had
arrived, and was sitting in its usual place, with a G.Zuiko 50mm f1.8
(7627xx) on it. Somebody at Olympus opened a time capsule?

While I was there I picked up a 1-14 focusing screen and an f2/28mm lens
hood. Yes, the lightweight bit of my original idea is already taking a
beating. But the 28 and 85 lenses still go in a tiny digital camera bag,
with just enough room left for a 21. But it'll have to be the 3.5
version...

All the best
Will