Re: [OM] (Fwd) Power Bounce Grip 2 connections

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Power Bounce Grip 2 connections
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:33:17 -0500
Dan Lau wrote:

> On Fri, 12 May 2000 00:18, WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >In a message dated 00-05-11 19:16:17 EDT, you write:
>
> >> I have a question. Without using a Winder 2, can I use the Bounce Grip 2
> >>  integral button to fire the shutter. If I can, what are the connections
> >>  required?
>
> >Sorry no. The shutter connection isn't electrically activated but mechanical.
>
> >Warren
>
> Sorry for jumping in, but since I don't have a winder or a motor drive,
> I just want to understand how things work.
>
> 1) There is a shutter control button on the winder/MD which is
>    electrical.  Correct?
Correct.

> 2) The connections between the winder/MD and the camera body consists
>    of a motorized crank which winds the film and a set of electrical
>    contacts.  Correct?
Almost.  Right next to the crank which winds the film is a pin that trips the
shutter.  If you look at the bottom of your camera with the wind mechanism
visible, you can see a small angle piece between the wind gear and the front of
the camera.  If you press the shutter button, you will see it move.  if you
move it, you will see the shutter button drop, and the shutter fire.

> 3) The only other connection appears to be a "guide pin" that fits
>    into a hole on the bottom plate of the body.  Is this the magic
>    mechanical connection that fires the shutter?  Does this pin move
>    up/down to trip the shutter?
Nope.  It's just a locating pin. Doesn't move at all.

> I'd appreciate it if someone can explain the details.  Thanks.
>         -Dan
Does this work?