[OM] (Fwd) Fill flash w/ OM2sp, Help needed

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Fill flash w/ OM2sp, Help needed
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:36:09 +0000
Date:          Wed, 10 May 2000 12:26:23 -0700
From:          Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:       Fill flash w/ OM2sp, Help needed

I'm trying to get decent pictures of various smaller items for my wife
to use on the web or for ebay. Any suggestions welcome.

It seems that OM2sp only fires the flash when shutter speed is 1/8th or
slower. So that means large f#, slow film/ND filter  and/or large DOF.
None of which is ideal for shooting small objects with the 50mm/3.5
macro. I try to choose a cloudy day outside but still like the flash,
remotely mounted.

I also have available: 2x extender, 14mm and 25mm tubes, T32, T20,
135/3.5, 28/3.5. And also an OM1 and OM2 bodies. Maybe I ought to just
use the OM1 but all the math to calculate the exposure is daunting.

Mike