[OM] f/0.x lenses

Subject: [OM] f/0.x lenses
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:21:58 +0200
Hi,

Konrad wrote:
------
I'm sure you've all got 8mm/0.8f's ... they're round-shaped and they
give you more light than's available in the scene... bulbs?...

hehe...

Konrad
------

Well, I know some people who use 50 mm F0.75 (or something close to those
specs) lenses from X-ray camera's to take astronomy snapshots. With such a
lens and a ISO 1600 film you get nice colourful Milky Way pictures in
seconds. The quality is not excellent, but the same holds for the Zuiko 50
mm primes wide open. The F0.75 lenses are quit bulky and the back element is
very close to the film, so to mount them on a reflex body requires a little
modification: removing the mirror...

Bye

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands