Re:[OM] LED usage [Was: Question about manual Olympus Options]

Subject: Re:[OM] LED usage [Was: Question about manual Olympus Options]
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 21:18:41 +0200
Hi all, Jim Wrote:
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Skip Williams wrote:
> I don't know about cameras. I know the Rollei 35 LED appeared in 1978, and
the Canon A-1 in the early 80's.
>> SKip

Canon A-1 was introduced April 1978. It had 7-segment red LED display
indicating shutter speed, f-stop, flash-ok, manual mode display, and other
warnings. AE-1 which was introduced in April 1976 already had LED, as I
recall.
I was a product engineer for IC chips used in those cameras and other ones
(AE-1P, AL-1 with CCD line censors, Sure Shot, Sure Shot2).

Jim Terazawa

Not sure it was the first (I guess yes) but the last "non-OM" (obligatory
content) that I bought was the Fujica ST 801 (I still have it) has 7 LEDs in
the viewfinder 6 rounds and 1 lozenge for the right exposure to replace the
needle of the meter. I purchase it in November 1973.
regards
marc
Namur Belgium