Re: [OM] Other ultra-wides?

Subject: Re: [OM] Other ultra-wides?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:43:30 +0000
I have the 24/2, the 18/3.5, and had a 28/3.5 until recently.  The 18mm is
a spectacularly wide lens but must be used carefully due to exagerrated
perspectives that can result with it.  Depends on what you are planning on
doing and what your "vision" or "mind's eye" is for the photogaphs you are
trying to achieve.  The 21/2 may have a little more utility for some types
of photographs.  Bought the 18mm after getting the 24mm.  My thought was
similar to yours with the focal lengths.  Couldn't justify keeping the 28mm
around if I had a 35mm and 24mm.  The 21mm is also close to the 24mm so why
just go 6mm shorter to the super-wide 18mm even though it's 1-1/2 stops
slower.  My objective was to space out what I had but still may seek a 21/2
at a later date.

-- John