Re: [OM] OLYMPUS HARD CASE L

Subject: Re: [OM] OLYMPUS HARD CASE L
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 21:31:50 +0200
On Tue, 9 May 2000 10:15:09 EDT, DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can acquire an Olympus Hard Case "L"?  Are the
>partitions inside moveable, ie. can I put my OM1 w/35-70 zoom mounted in one
>of the compartments?  Any ideas?
>
>Dave Dougherty

Dave, this bag won't be of much use to you. Yes, you can put the OM1
with mounted zoom in it - but the case is far too heavy and bulky to
be handled nicely. Any Tamrac or LowePro bag of the same size will be
much lighter, hold more equipment and - most important - give better
protection to it.
But of course the L case is a collector's item...
Anoither thing. It is often advertized as made of leather, and Olympus
has done its best to make it look like this (like with many other
cases...) but it is really nylon, leatherette or another good
imitation.
Only a very limited number of all Olympus cases has been made of real
leather.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.