Re: [OM] T-18 flash on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] T-18 flash on eBay
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 01:53:54 +0200
On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 01:27:53PM -0400, Rand E. wrote:
> I was just looking at the picture of a T-18 flash and got a surprise.  I
> thought that the T-18 was a manual type flash.  Here is the URL for it:
>     http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=325609573
> Count the contacts on the foot, it would imply more smart functions than
> I had thought.  Anybody have the specs/description on this item to
> enlighten me.
> Rand E.

There is information on the T18 at  that fantastic
 " unofficial Olympus sales information File" at:

http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/flashphotogroup/t18.htm
Upps..., wasn`t it this site that moved? - have a lock at the latest mails,
when the url
is out of date ( I use a local copy on my PC of this site :-)

But I´m surprised - I always use accu-cells with all my Olympus Flashes.
Including T18, T20, T32 and F 280. I never noticed any Problems, until the set
is emty ;-).
I have two set`s one is a Ni-Cd, the other a NiMh. Despite the newer NiMh-set
has more capacity
I never noticed any differences.
Oh there is a difference: the recharge of the T20 and T32 is faster with
accu-cells than batteries.
While there is no difference with the T18.
 Although I use the T18 a lot, because it`s small weight and size.
And less red-eye danger.

Frieder