Re: [OM] Re: PB Grip 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: PB Grip 2
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 01:54:33 EDT
bachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< P.S.  no ideas on wobbly flash? >>

Matt,
        I have 2  BG2's but only one has the vertically wobbly head. I have
not stripped down the head to try and fix it yet, so would be interested to
hear anybody elses comments/experience??
        Here is some armchair advice in case nobody else responds. From a
superficial look it seems like the plastic may be slightly deformed around
the metal axel so that it is a little loose even when the axel is locked
tight. Plastic is usually very difficult to glue to metal in a small space so
you may have to resort to drastic measures!. This probably means something
like a GEL style super glue (to prevent disaster run aways) applied with a
toothpick, followed by a super glue accelerator. Accelerator from a low
viscosity super glue usually works just as well with gel types. The
accelerator drastically improves the bond strength you get. I use an
industrial accelerator but some two part consumer products often with sprays
for the accelerator, do exsist.
         I did once strip the handle section to clean some cell leakage from
a previous owner's abuse. This is relatively easy but there are a lot of
small screws to remove under the leatherette and the wiring is a little
fragile.

          Regards,