Re: [OM] Hood for 50/1.2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Hood for 50/1.2?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 00:26:46 -0400
It figures!  Now I've got to hunt one of these puppies down.

If anyone sees one at a camera store or show, please buy it at a semi-reasonable sum (<$30), and contact me via email.

Skip

At 05/03/00 06:25 PM  -0400, you wrote:
> I noticed that Lee's FAQ on hoods lists the same hood for all the 50mm
> non-macro lenses.  I have a 50/1.2 and the 50/1.4-1.8 hood fits fine, but
> will not reverse.  I thought that there was a specialized hood for the
> 50/1.2 that was wide enough to be reversed.
>
> Am I wrong?
>
> If not, I'm on the hunt for this hood.

Yes, there is a special hood for just the 50/1.2.  I bought mine new a few
years ago for some outrageous sum.  This special 50/1.2 hood has a slightly
wider opening so that it fits over the lens when reversed.
                                -mark