Re: [OM] OM camera lack of many parts, out of productioni

Subject: Re: [OM] OM camera lack of many parts, out of productioni
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 08:21:17 -0500
While it is true that Olympus no longer supports the OM-1, there is pretty good third-party support, not to mention strength of numbers on this list. John Hermanson of Camtech, who is active on the list, has fixed these things on my OM-1: self-timer, low-speed action on shutter, meter, and in addition has converted the circuit to use the more common SR-44 (357) silver oxide batteries. When I joined the list, I assumed like you that I was trailing along with a dead system. Now I suspect I'll be dead first, which really has me depressed.

Every one of us has had these jitters. Stick around. They go away. :)

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA