Re: [OM] Tom Scales

Subject: Re: [OM] Tom Scales
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:12:41 +0200 (MET DST)
Gee.....How could you do THAT, Tom...?

All, who think that Tom should start sharing his wealth of gear with us
less fortunate raise your hand and say "AYE"... ;)

However the picture DOES help the argument that "I really do not have that
much gear" when I want^H^H^H^Hhave to buy more....

Ok, but you kinda asked for it, so here goes......

How much film do you pull through all that? I have only a fraction of what
you have, and I consider myself as a fairly active photographer (on
average thie year, I've been through some 6-8 rolls/week
of b/w film).

However I still have gear around, which I do not use as much as I really
should. E.g. I have two bodies, which I haven't used thus far this year -
except for the weekly "exercise" to the moving parts.....and I have a few
lenses, which have "just been laying around" for even longer. It's really
a shame, since (imho) while the gear is nice in itself, using it is the
whole purpose of having it in the first place.

So, Tom, how much of the gear do you get to use on a regular basis? - and
how much do you use the individual parts? Should I roughly extrapolate
with my own body-count/film-usage ratio, then you'd be shooting about 25
rolls/week (and if we compute the lens-count/film-usage ratio and
extrapolate from that, then you'd probably pop over 50 rolls/week...).

So how much...? Or is it just a fetish for you? ;)

--thomas