Latest Epson color printer, was [OM] Colour films

Subject: Latest Epson color printer, was [OM] Colour films
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 02:36:16 -0700
I have two Epsons at my home (a 1520 & Photo 750) and we have at last
count about 5 in the studio (a 3000, 1200, 900, & 2 Photo 700's).  I
have not as of yet heard of a head clogging problem.  I go through so
many cartridges (esp. on the 1520) that it is a significant cost of my
office operation.  I've never attempted refilling them because they are
pressure loaded.  But one word on Epson ... they may one day give the
printers away and just make money on selling you the cartridges (the
Gillette marketing school).  I was one of the beta test sites on the
very original Stylus Color printer in 1993.  They would not even let me
keep it.  They let me buy one at dealer cost (how generous of them).
I've been somewhat involved with Epson America since 1982.  When I was
at Xerox I would trade software for demo units.  We came out ahead
there.  But that was the only time I got any deal from Epson.  One thing
that's great about them is their warranty service.  As soon as your
Epson breaks down, try it out.  You will then be a customer for life.

Phillip Franklin