[OM] The future is here?

Subject: [OM] The future is here?
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:58:03 -0700
The new Fuji S1 Pro Digital is now available to the big shots for
testing.  At a recent PMA show it won a blind shoot out with many more
expensive digicams including the Nikon  D1.  Many of those I have had
contact with in the industry have raved about this new system which
should street for $3500.  That's a cool 2 grand less than the D1.  And
it out performs it.  My prediction ... we are going to see many events
and press photographers go for this thing.  In a month or less I might
have one for a few days to mess with.

A high ranking tech rep sent me some white papers on how this super ccd
works.  Way over my head, but I can sum it up to say that they use an
octagon shaped photo diode in order to increase the ccd density.  And it
apparently does what it's supposed to do; increase saturation and pixel
strength. (I did not read anything about buckets)

One more thing to think about ....the Foveon three sensor single shot
digital camera is on the market.  They say it's absolutely awesome. The
most perfect color 12mb image possible.  No interpolated color.  Maybe
Olympus has one of these three chip OM system compatible digibacks in
development ... they are just waiting on us Zuikoholics to have enough
money to grab one up.  Right?

Phillip Franklin