[OM] Newbie says hello

Subject: [OM] Newbie says hello
From: Tarka69@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 02:19:40 EDT
Hi everyone,
My name is Evan Newell and I'm a 19 year old freshman at Northwestern
University.  I live permanently in Maine.  I just recently added in to the
olympus mailing list.  Here's my story in brief:

I was an art student looking for a manual focus SLR a couple years ago, not
really knowing anything at all about what I was looking for.  The salesman in
the local camera shop showed my a new Yashica body that was too cheap feeling
for my tastes, an old nikkormat tank that I could barely lift, and finally
the nimble yet solid OMG.  The choice to me was clear.  Of course, back then,
I had no idea what kind of trouble I'd gotten myself into...

So now I've fallen in love with olympus equipment.  I've sold the OMG, which
treated me very well, in favor for the more professional OM-2n.  I also
picked up a Winder 2 and a T20 flash unit, not to mention an assortment of
3rd party lenses, since the Zuikos are a little out of my college-student
budget.  (Did I mention I LOVE ebay?)  Someday I'd like to have an OM3Ti or a
4, but I'm happy now.  For the shape its in, the 2n was too much of a deal to
pass up at $125.

On top of photography for art's-sake, I just took a job as a photojournalist
for the Daily Northwestern, a student paper.  i'm looking forward to learning
a lot from all of you experts, and maybe even helping out some myself.
Thanks to any of you who actually read this whole thing.  I appreciate it!

Looking forward to some fun,
Evan

This is a secondary email account.  If for some reason you need to reach me
quickly, feel free to send mail to "e-newell@xxxxxxx"   Thanks.