Re: [OM] Did any of you open up the fireworks site that came across the

Subject: Re: [OM] Did any of you open up the fireworks site that came across the site?
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:12:38 +0200
Yo,

on Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:49:27 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey Olympus Fans,
>
>Do any of you recall opening a site on the egroup of a fireworks, it was a
>cool video like picture.  I have received word that it contained the
>happy99.exe worm virus in it.
>
>Did anyone on this site open it and do you recall who sent the email?
>
>Thanks, Sam   dolphans1@xxxxxxx

I recently made a reference to the fireworks-shots on my gallery pages. They
are not video-like, though - just plain old Oly-shots; also, I scan for
viruses regularly. Still, on the possibility that you may have meant my
site, I did another scan which did not show anything. I also checked
manually for the files that, according to Symantec's description, this worm
places in the \windows\system directory (ska.exe and ska.dll), and they do
not exist anywhere on my system. Also, happy99 is spread via UU-encoded
email attachments, and none of my mails to the list had any attachments when
they came back to me from the list server. So I'm reasonably certain that I
don't have happy99. Sorry this doesn't help you much with respect to where
you got it from, else than eliminating one possibilty.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx