[OM] here's how to say Maitani

Subject: [OM] here's how to say Maitani
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:33:01 -0500
John,

John H.  was pretty close.  I would think the following
way to pronounce in American English.

MA-I-TA-NI: Meye-ta-kni(t), where 't' is silent,
slight emphasis on 'eye', short 'a'.

BTW, the vowel 'a' is more like a sound in afford or affluent,
not apple.  I realized some of us here in the US pronounce the
letter 'a' like a&e put together.

I wish Tomoko Yamamot could help me on the pronunciations.
Is there any other native Japanese on this List ?

Jim Terazawa