[OM] WARNING ON HAPPY99.EXE VIRUS

Subject: [OM] WARNING ON HAPPY99.EXE VIRUS
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:04:14 -0500
I noticed an email I received contained the happy99.exe virus.  The virus
can disguise itself as fire works while it's loading up.  I found three in
my emails.  Below is a site that will tell you more about.

Do you guys recall someone sent an email to this site which showed the fancy
fireworks, who was it?

I found this out by someone who said I had sent him an email, which was
unrelated that had the "happy99.exe" computer virus attached to it.  He
claims it is easy to get picked up when exchanging so many emails.

I am not an expert so I took his advice with a grain of salt.

What you do is go to start then scroll to file or folders, type in the words
"happy99.exe"  (in the fill in the blank box) and hit find now.  Before you
do any deleting make sure to print any and all your saved emails or you may
lose all of them and never be able to recover them.

Here's a link the guy gave me which you can download to your desk top,
double click on it and will do a CPR for you.

Samuel, here is a better link that actually gives you download a file which
will fix the bug

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/fix.happy99.worm.html

Just passing the word along, he claims it can wipe out your hard-drive and
cause havoc...

Take care, Sam.....