[OM] OT: Looking for film recommedations and a good source for film? -Re

Subject: [OM] OT: Looking for film recommedations and a good source for film? -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:03:40 -0400
Hmm, I think film choice is the least of your worries. Have you shot a wedding
before? There are good books on the classic wedding poses and special wedding
shoot challenges in general. Are you THE photog or did they hire a wedding pro?
Let's see, white sand, black tuxes at about 14:00 in late May on a cloudless day
and you want the bride's delicate skin tone and the details of her blazing white
lace. Sounds like you're in for a good time. Do you have a 4T and F280, because
fill flash seems likely? Hopefully the ceremony will take place under a shade of
some kind. Find out now. Shoot as many formal setups as you can ahead of time.
This is usually pretty difficult, what with the bridal gown coming in at the
last minute, the groom's tux being a rental and who's going to do hair and
makeup? But, since it's your own brother, perhaps you can get some cooperation,
if only to meet early on the wedding day and herd the various party members
together. This is one of your wedding shoot challenges. Then there's the
reception...

Well, anyway I'm kind of a film heretic, so I'd use any decent amateur or pro
100 ISO print film. For me that would be AGFA HDC Plus. Also, have some 400 for
when the sun does start to set. LOTS of batteries for the flash.You can't have
slow recycle times when the wedding party is coming down the isle. Supplemental
power (BG2, Quantum, etc.)  is a real possibility for the T-series flashes.  If
you feel compelled to use pro film, then Fuji NPS, NPH, Kodak 160/400 NC, or
AGFA Portrait 160 are good choices. I would go straight to B&H for the film.