[OM] It's a disease alright, but I love being infected! ;) (the 28/2 ins

Subject: [OM] It's a disease alright, but I love being infected! ;) (the 28/2 installment)
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 00:19:45 PDT
Hi Guys,

Well, I can't believe it!!!!
Even after the recent Zuikoverdose, ehhhhh Zuiko-fix, there was space for more!

I managed to get the before mentioned damaged 28/2 for a measly $55!!! Before buying it I made sure it really was only the coating on the front lens that's in poor condition. The diaphragm is nice and snappy, cosmetically the lens (apart from the front element) is probably a 9+, and everything is nice and smooth. Also, when held against the light, there are no scratches to be seen, nor fungus, nor dust specks (well, the normal 1 or 2, but that's it)!!!

I'm incredibly happy, and even more so now I found out that Oly America still has these front lenses available for around $33-$39! Also, Jaap Korten offered to help me out in the quest for getting and replacing the front element, so I don't have to repeat the horror story of what happened to my 300/4.5...

I wonder how long this lucky steak will continue; Jaap's brother in law didn't manage to find the 35-80/2.8 in Japan, but Jaap has seen an ad for one, and is going to check it out!!! Wow, this April has been, without a doubt, my best Zuik-month ever (so far at least, and it will be hard to top all this)....

The addicition goes on and on and on... :))))))

Cheerio!
Olafo